High-Performance Ringette Program
The High Performance Ringette Program will provide our athletes with opportunities to work with coaches and specialist to learn and develop under a program geared towards preparing them to represent their association at the 2022 Ontario Winter Games, their province at 2023 Canada Winter Games, play in the National Ringette League (NRL) and represent Canada at the World Ringette Championships.
The High-Performance Program will work to provide participants with the daily training environment that will support each athlete with attaining their personal success and individual goals. The HP Program will include a year-round commitment with training plans tailored to athletes and that align with a full season calendar for ringette.
Ringette Ontario is creating a program to focus the efforts of the program targets and objectives to align with the restrictions of COVID-19, the Return to Ringette Guidelines and the ongoing athlete development for players seeking a spot to compete at the Ontario Winter Games and Canada Winter Games.
The program will include:
- access to virtual training content
- sessions led by sport professionals
- Sport Psychology
- Mental Training
- Physical Training
- in-person training camps (once permitted)
- coaching from selected high-performance coaches
Athletes – The Application Process
*The 2020-2021 application process for the High Performance program is now open.
To be considered for the High-Performance Program, athletes must be:
- Born between 2007 and 2003
- be in good standing with their local association and Ringette Ontario
- registered with their Local Ringette Association for the 2020-2021 Ringette Season
- Complete the HP Intent Form
Questions or comments regarding the High-Performance program can be directed to Ringette Ontario’s Technical Director, Karla Xavier at email@example.com.
Coaches – The Application Process
*The 2020-2021 application process for the Canada Winter Games Assistant Coaches positions is now open.
To be considered for the position, coaches must:
- Competition Introduction Certification
- Making Headway in Sport
- Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders
- Safe Sport Training
- At least 2 years experience coaching at the AA/AAA level
- Complete the 2023 CWG Candidate Application Package
Questions or comments regarding the 2023 CWG Assistant Coaches positions can be directed to Ringette Ontario’s Technical Director, Karla Xavier at firstname.lastname@example.org.