High-Performance Ringette Program (AAA)
The Ringette Ontario High-Performance AAA Program is a competitive program that provides players with exposure to high level development opportunities as well as the best high-performance coaching in Ontario. The HP AAA Program allows Ringette Ontario selected coaches, including the Team Ontario bench staff, to identify and develop Ontario’s most gifted young ringette players, to encourage and motivate them to play for their province and to provide them with the opportunities to measure and refine their skills at the top-level competitions. These competitions may include the Ontario Winter Games (U19) and Canada Winter Games (U20), as well as potential future opportunities within the NRL, the Junior National Team and Senior National Team Programs.
Ringette Ontario will:
- Fully operate the High-Performance Ringette program in Ontario
- Will be responsible for ensuring that coaches and athletes are executing the HP Program according to the outlined set standards
- Select Coaching staff
- Evaluate and select athletes for up to six (6) teams of eighteen (18) athletes that will compete at the 2022 Ontario Winter Games (OWG) and up to five (5) development teams that will attend the High-Performance Development Camps.
*Note – number of athletes participating in the OWG’s has not been confirmed by the organizers at this time.
The HP Program development and administration will be led by the Ringette Ontario Technical Director and supported by additional part time staff, hired by Ringette Ontario.
All Selected Athletes will receive:
- Coaching from selected high-performance coaches
- 2-3 in-person Development/Challenge Cup camps
- Access to virtual training content
- Sessions led by sport professionals
- Sport Psychology
- Mental Training
- Physical Training
Athletes – The Application Process
The High-Performance AAA Program is open to athletes from across Ontario who are in the following standards:
- Born between 2003 and 2007
- Be in good standing with their local club, league, and Ringette Ontario
- Be rostered on an RO registered team for the 2021/22 season.
Application and Selection
To be considered for the program, athletes must:
- Complete the RO High Performance AAA Program Fall Identification Camp Intent Form
- Attend virtual learning and fitness training sessions
- Attend an in-person Selection Camp in the fall (dates TBD)
Athletes from the High-Performance Program will be selected to attend Team Ontario tryouts in May of 2022. Athletes selected for Team Ontario will compete in the Canada Winter Games in 2023.
- May/June 2021– Applications Open
- July/August 2o21 – Virtual Programming for all athletes
- *August/September 2021 – On-Ice Training Opportunities
- *October 2021– Selection/Development Camp
- December 2021 – Development Camp
- January 2022 – Challenge Cup
- February 2022 – Ontario Winter Games (for the OWG selected teams)
*Pending PHU/Facility restrictions
Cost for program delivery will vary depending on each athlete’s participation level and COVID restrictions.
Program costs will cover camp registrations, sport science, facility rentals and other operational costs required to administer the program. HP Training events will be facilitated in different geographical locations throughout the province subject to access for athletes, costs, and venues.
Initial Identification Camp will include:
- Fitness Testing Session
- Mobility Session
- Chalk Talk Session
- 2 Games
- 1-2 Skill Sessions (Goalies – 1 Skill Session with group and 1 Goalie Focused)
- Practice Jersey
- The approximate cost for the identification camp will be $250
Questions or comments regarding the High-Performance Program can be directed to Ringette Ontario’s Technical Director, Karla Xavier at email@example.com.