Ringette Ontario Call For Candidates – Board of Directors
The Nominations Committee of Ringette Ontario is issuing this Call for Candidates, to stand for election to the Board of Directors of Ringette Ontario at the Annual General Meeting to be held September 18, 2021.
Positions to be filled:
- 3 Director-at-Large positions (1 x 1 year term, 2 x 2 year terms)
- 1 Athlete Director position (2-year term)
At this time, Ringette Ontario is placing particular emphasis on candidates with the following skills:
- Organizational change management
- Training systems/organizational learning
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion implementation
- Public relations/media relations/stakeholder relations
- Security of records and information systems
- Data analytics
Candidates with other competencies are also invited to apply.
Ringette Ontario welcomes applications from members of racialized minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of various sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to help Ringette Ontario engage productively with diverse communities and contribute to the mission of the organization.
Eligibility Criteria to be a Director-at-Large or Athlete Director
- To serve as Director-at-Large or Athlete Director on the Board of Directors of Ringette Ontario, one must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a resident of Ontario
- Not be of bankrupt status
- Not have been declared incapable under the laws of a Canadian province or territory, or by a court in a jurisdiction outside of Canada
- Not be a director, officer, or committee member of a ringette association other than Ringette Ontario (i.e., not be a director or officer of a local, regional, or national ringette organization)
- Not be an employee of Ringette Canada or Ringette Ontario or be an employee of a member of Ringette Ontario.
A candidate for Athlete Director must be currently active in the sport as an athlete or retired from competition for less than one year at the time of election.
Anyone seeking to be a candidate for election to the Board of Directors of Ringette Ontario must submit a fully completed Candidate Package no later than August 14, 2021.
A complete Candidate Package includes:
- A completed online Candidate Profile Form outlining the candidate’s professional experience, governance experience, ringette/sport experience, NFP experience, etc. The information on this Resume form will be made available to the membership prior to the Annual General Meeting.
- A signed Directors Agreement, emailed to email@example.com, with the subject line: Candidate Directors Agreement. Submission of a signed Directors
- The agreement indicates your willingness to stand as a candidate, and your agreement to comply with the duties and obligations of a director if you are elected.
Please review the Call for Nominations for Candidates Document for further information on the process, competencies and expectations. If you have any further questions, please contact Pam Julian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents & Forms