2018-2019 Quest for Gold – Ontario Athlete Assistance Program
Final List of Ontario Card Nominations Announced!
Ringette Ontario is pleased to announce the final list of athletes and alternates who have been nominated for Ontario Cards under the 2018-2019 Quest for Gold – Ontario Athlete Assistance Program (OAAP). The athletes nominated were selected using the sport specific selection criteria developed by Ringette Ontario and applied by (the) Selection Committee.
Athletes who have not been nominated and who wish to appeal this decision can do so by following the process set out in the Selection Criteria document.
How does it work?
The Sport and Recreation Branch, of the Ministry of Health Promotion, have allocated a certain amount of OAAP Ontario Cards to each eligible Provincial Sport/Multi-Sport Organization (PSO/ MSO).
In accordance with the OAAP guidelines, the Ringette Ontario Association is responsible for forming a Selection Committee and sport specific selection criteria to nominate the athletes for Ontario carding status. Please see the following documents for more information on the guidelines and selection criteria:
How Much Funding Is Available?
The exact level of funding for the 2017-2018 carding year will be determined by the Ministry after the total number of athletes nominated for Ontario Card status has been determined and the total funding has been confirmed.
How Are Athletes Selected For Ontario Cards?
To apply for an Ontario Card, an athlete must complete and submit the following by February 7, 2019, to the ORA office.
Please complete the appropriate application form for your age group:
- Application Form – 23 years old and above
- Application Form – 19-22 years old
- Application Form – 18 years old and under
The Ringette Ontario Selection Committee will use the posted selection criteria to determine which athletes will be nominated. Should there be any ties a tie-breaking procedure will be used to determine the nominated athlete(s). For details on the tie-breaking procedure please review this document:
- Ringette Ontario will publish the DRAFT list of nominated athletes by February 15, 2019.
- Athletes wanting to appeal must their PSO for an explanation of why they were not nominated by February 19, 2019.
- PSO will send a written response to any athlete who requested with details of why they were not nominated by February 22, 2019.
- Any athlete still wanting to appeal must submit “Athlete Notice of Appeal Template” to MHPS by noon on February 26, 2019.
- PSO will respond by March 1 by noon, the athlete then has until March 4, 2019, to complete and return “Athlete’s Reply Template” to MHPS and athletes will be notified of the status of their appeal by March 23, 2019.
The Ministry of Health Promotions will finalize the list of carded athletes by March 26, 2019.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the program, please contact Karla Xavier at firstname.lastname@example.org