2019-2020 Quest for Gold – Ontario Athlete Assistance Program
Final List of Ontario Card Nominations
Please note that this list is unofficial and is subject to change pending the outcome of any appeals and/or any re-selection decisions made by the PSO/MSO Selection Committee or the Quest for Gold Appeals Committee. As a consequence, this list should not be seen as final.
Athletes who have not been nominated and who wish to appeal this decision can do so by following the process below.
About The Quest for Gold – Ontario Athlete Assistance Program
How Does It Work?
Ontario Athlete Assistance Program 2019-2020 (OAAP) is funded by the Government of Ontario, through the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries (MHSTCI), and operated through the Sport, Recreation & Community Programs Division.
Ringette Ontario has developed sport-specific selection criteria and formed a Selection Committee that will apply these criteria. The top-ranked athletes, based on the criteria, will be awarded Ontario Card status in 2019-2020. This Selection Criteria has been approved by the Ringette Ontario and reviewed by MHSTCI staff. Nominated athletes will be required to sign and comply with an Athlete Agreement between the athlete and Ringette Ontario. Carding status will be for one year starting April 1, 2019 ending March 31, 2020.
Please see the following documents for more information on the guidelines and selection criteria:
How Much Funding Is Available?
The exact level of funding for the 2019-2020 carding year will be determined by the MHSTCI after the total number of athletes nominated for Ontario Card status has been determined.
How Are Athletes Selected For Ontario Cards?
To apply for an Ontario Card, an athlete must complete and submit the following by March 30th, 2020, to Ringette Ontario via email.
Please complete the appropriate application form for your age group:
- Application Form – 23 years old and above
- Application Form – 19-22 years old
- Application Form – 18 years old and under
The Ringette Ontario Selection Committee will use the posted selection criteria to determine which athletes will be nominated. Should there be any ties a tie-breaking procedure will be used to determine the nominated athlete(s). For details on the tie-breaking procedure please review this document:
- April 8th, 2020 – PSO/MSOs publish DRAFT LIST of nominated Ontario Card athletes
- April 16, 2020 – Athletes complete Ontario Card Athlete Application Form and Electronic Funds Transfer application and submit to Ministry electronically (both are fillable PDFs that) PSO/MSOs collect signed Athlete Agreements for May 25 deadline.
Issues related to the specific content or selection requirements contained in the
Ringette Ontario Selection Criteria are not grounds for an appeal and should therefore be discussed directly with the leadership of Ringette Ontario.
- Before an athlete can file a Notice of Appeal, they must ask Ringette Ontario for reasons explaining why they were not nominated for an Ontario Card. Deadline: April 14, 2020
- Ringette Ontario will respond to the athlete in writing by April 16, 2020
If the athlete is not satisfied with the Ringette Ontario response, the athlete may submit a Notice of Appeal, found below. A Notice of Appeal will only be accepted from the athlete or their parent/guardian on the MHSTCI-provided template (typed or hand-printed, no hand-written entries).
NEW: Due to COVID-19, all staff are working remotely, and Appeal submissions will only be accepted via email at email@example.com
One appeal cannot be written on behalf of multiple athletes. The Notice of Appeal email must be received by MHSTCI by noon on the deadline day.
The Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries has scheduled the Appeals process to conclude and a final list of QFG recipients to be posted here by May 25, 2020. Given the current challenges with COVID-19, every attempt will be made to meet those deadlines however dates are subject to change. We appreciate your understanding.
Appeals Process Deadlines:
- April 14th, 2020 – Athlete wanting to Appeal must contact their PSO/MSO for explanation of why they were not nominated
- April 16th, 2020 – PSO/MSO sends written response to any athlete who requested details of why they were not nominated
- April 20th, 2020 (by noon) – Athlete still wanting to appeal submits “Athlete Notice of Appeal Template”
- April 22nd, 2020 (by noon) – PSO/MSO responds to any Appeals
- April 23rd, 2020 – Athlete receives PSO/MSO Response
- April 24th, 2020 – “Athlete’s Reply Template” deadline – where applicable
- May 20th, 2020 – Appeals Committee notifies athletes and PSO/MSOs of outcome of appeals
- May 22nd, 2020 – PSO/MSOs publish FINAL LIST of nominated Ontario Card athletes