2019-2020 Quest for Gold – Ontario Athlete Assistance Program
Ringette Ontario is pleased to announce the details for the application process of the 2018-2019 Quest for Gold Ontario Athlete Assistance Program.
How Does It Work?
Ontario Athlete Assistance Program 2019-2020 (OAAP) is funded by the Government of Ontario, through the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries (MHSTCI), and operated through the Sport, Recreation & Community Programs Division.
Ringette Ontario has developed sport-specific selection criteria and formed a Selection Committee that will apply these criteria. The top-ranked athletes, based on the criteria, will be awarded Ontario Card status in 2019-2020. This Selection Criteria has been approved by the Ringette Ontario and reviewed by MHSTCI staff. Nominated athletes will be required to sign and comply with an Athlete Agreement between the athlete and Ringette Ontario. Carding status will be for one year starting April 1, 2019 ending March 31, 2020.
Please see the following documents for more information on the guidelines and selection criteria:
How Much Funding Is Available?
The exact level of funding for the 2019-2020 carding year will be determined by the MHSTCI after the total number of athletes nominated for Ontario Card status has been determined.
How Are Athletes Selected For Ontario Cards?
To apply for an Ontario Card, an athlete must complete and submit the following by March 30th, 2020, to Ringette Ontario via email.
Please complete the appropriate application form for your age group:
- Application Form – 23 years old and above
- Application Form – 19-22 years old
- Application Form – 18 years old and under
The Ringette Ontario Selection Committee will use the posted selection criteria to determine which athletes will be nominated. Should there be any ties a tie-breaking procedure will be used to determine the nominated athlete(s). For details on the tie-breaking procedure please review this document:
- April 8th, 2020 – PSO/MSOs publish DRAFT LIST of nominated Ontario Card athletes
- April 16, 2020 – Athletes complete Ontario Card Athlete Application Form and Electronic Funds Transfer application and submit to Ministry electronically (both are fillable PDFs that) PSO/MSOs collect signed Athlete Agreements for May 25 deadline.
Appeals Process Deadlines:
- April 14th, 2020 – Athlete wanting to Appeal must contact their PSO/MSO for explanation of why they were not nominated
- April 16th, 2020 – PSO/MSO sends written response to any athlete who requested details of why they were not nominated
- April 20th, 2020 (by noon) – Athlete still wanting to appeal submits “Athlete Notice of Appeal Template”
- April 22nd, 2020 (by noon) – PSO/MSO responds to any Appeals
- April 23rd, 2020 – Athlete receives PSO/MSO Response
- April 24th, 2020 – “Athlete’s Reply Template” deadline – where applicable
- May 20th, 2020 – Appeals Committee notifies athletes and PSO/MSOs of outcome of appeals
- May 22nd, 2020 – PSO/MSOs publish FINAL LIST of nominated Ontario Card athletes
Ringette Ontario will publish the list of nominated athletes on the RO website by April 8th, 2020.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the program, please contact Karla Xavier at firstname.lastname@example.org.