Coaches and Association volunteers are often faced with delivering a Ringette Program when they’ve had little experience, which can be a daunting task! The resource links below are intended to provide coaches and others with a head start for putting together a quality program using the foundation of known best practices.
These resources will help lay the foundation for Ringette programs that are “athlete-focused” and encourage our Ringette players to continue registering for this great sport throughout their youth and into adulthood, regardless of which level they play.
Here is a list of courses that coaches can take online.
E-learning courses can normally be taken at any time online, normally involving information that must be read, click-through activities, videos, and multiple-choice questions.
- Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders[Ringette Ontario requirement]
- Making Headway in Sport [Ringette Ontario requirement]
- NCCP Coach Initiation in Sport [Ringette Ontario requirement]
- Keeping Girls in Sport
- NCCP Coaching Athletes with a Disability
- NCCP Emergency Action Plan
- NCCP Sport Nutrition
- Safe Sport Training
ONLINE CLASSROOM COURSES
Online classroom courses are courses that require live attendance with interactions with the facilitator and fellow candidates, through a laptop, PC, or mobile device, with a webcam and microphone.
- Make Ethical Decisions [Ringette Ontario requirement]
Online Classroom courses
- NCCP Basic Mental Skills
- NCCP Advanced Practice Planning
- NCCP Coaching and Leading Effectively [Competition Development Course prerequisite]
- NCCP Developing Athletic Abilities[Competition Development Course prerequisite]
- NCCP Empower+
- NCCP Manage a Sport Program [Competition Development Course prerequisite]
- NCCP Leading Drug-Free Sport
- NCCP Mentorship
- NCCP Performance Planning [Competition Development Course prerequisite]
- NCCP Planning a Practice
- NCCP Prevention and Recovery [Competition Development Course prerequisite]
- NCCP Psychology of Performance
- NCCP Teaching and Learning