Coaches and Association volunteers are often faced with delivering a Ringette Program when they’ve had little experience, which can be a daunting task! The resource links below are intended to provide coaches and others with a head start for putting together a quality program using the foundation of known best practices.
The ideas behind “Long Term Athlete Development” (LTAD) bring into focus the need for skills development in younger divisions and ensuring the “basics” are taught, before athletes, parents and others get too focused on “winning the game”.
Hopefully, these resources will help lay the foundation for Ringette programs that are “athlete focused” and encourage our Ringette players to continue registering for this great sport throughout their youth and into adulthood, regardless of which level they play.
Drills For Skills
This index has been prepared to help quickly identify effective drills for developing skills. The index was developed by experienced coaches who reviewed widely available coaching resources and selected the drills they thought should be brought to attention. Each drill indicated the division it is suited for and if it requires full ice or half ice:
Here is a list of courses that coaches can take online.
E-learning courses can normally be taken at any time online, normally involving information that must be read, click-through activities, videos, and multiple-choice questions.
- Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders[Ringette Ontario requirement]
- Making Headway in Sport [Ringette Ontario requirement]
- NCCP Coach Initiation in Sport [Ringette Ontario requirement]
- Keeping Girls in Sport
- NCCP Coaching Athletes with a Disability
- NCCP Emergency Action Plan
- NCCP Sport Nutrition
- Safe Sport Training
- Leading a Return to Sport Participation
ONLINE CLASSROOM COURSES
Online classroom courses are courses that require live attendance with interactions with the facilitator and fellow candidates, through a laptop, PC, or mobile device, with a webcam and microphone.
- Make Ethical Decisions [Ringette Ontario requirement]
Online Classroom courses
- NCCP Basic Mental Skills
- NCCP Advanced Practice Planning
- NCCP Coaching and Leading Effectively [Competition Development Course prerequisite]
- NCCP Developing Athletic Abilities[Competition Development Course prerequisite]
- NCCP Empower+
- NCCP Manage a Sport Program [Competition Development Course prerequisite]
- NCCP Leading Drug-Free Sport
- NCCP Mentorship
- NCCP Performance Planning [Competition Development Course prerequisite]
- NCCP Planning a Practice
- NCCP Prevention and Recovery [Competition Development Course prerequisite]
- NCCP Psychology of Performance
- NCCP Teaching and Learning